Currently I am watching the women’s waterpolo bronze match: Australia versus Hungary on my iPAD. Go Hungary!!! USA gold match against Spain is coming up soon. Will watch that too
Wednesday went pretty well. I ate pretty healthy (after the candy fiasco).
Veggies and Hummus. Yum.
Ihad a handful of unpictured mixed nuts and a hardboiled egg as a snack as well. After work I headed to the studio for a quick painting session.
I work on several different paintings at once, as not to over work a single painting and to return to a painting with fresh eyes. I tend to evolve with each painting, finding new techniques or discovering another element i like to include in my style. Generally, the painting evolves on its own so though they are all my work, they look slightly different from one another.
From the studio, I went to the gym for a quick 20 minute swim. I did several sprints and easy laps managing about 1200 yards. Not too shabby. Especially since I only make it in the pool like once every two weeks. There’s a pool near my house that I have been meaning to check out, but there hours are a little strange. I might have to drag myself out of bed at 5 am to get to the pool at 6.
After my swim, I quickly picked up Lando from daycamp, got home, showered and cozied up on the couch to have dinner and watch the beach volleyball match.
Leftovers from Yardhouse dinner on Monday. Brown rice with veggies and shrimp and a side of Hawaiian sweet roll. Am I the only one that can eat a dozen of those rolls?? I LOVE them. Addicting suckers. There was a week in college where I survived on these rolls and clementines alone.
Unpictured was a pint of beer. I nursed it all night long so I didn’t drink as much.
I then had dessert.
I scraped away as much as a the cream cheese as I could. Getting in more veggies, right?
This mornings breakfast involved a hardboiled egg, a handful of unpictured mixed nuts and a tupperware full of fruit.
Lunch is coming up and I am actually quite full from breakfast so I will probably eat it later.
Tonights agenda: Studio from 4-6:15 pm, meeting with the RAW art show director at 7pm and hopefully hit the gym sometime after that.
The RAW art show (if anyone is interested) is a pop up gallery happening one night a month at locations all over the U.S. Here in San Jose, it is on August 23 at 8pm. It showcases up and coming artists, bands, singers, fashion designers, videographers, makeup artists, etc.
I will be showing this August 23 at Club Beso. Tickets are $10 on the website. If anyone is interested in attending or supporting my position at the event, please click on the link and purchase a ticket under SKOP.
Paypal is NOT needed.
I need at least 16 more people to buy tickets. Spread the word if you can Thank you.
After showing here, I can show at any other RAW showcase event from Seattle to Miami.
Now onto the 11 Facts. . . .
Jillian at Bites of Blance nominated me for a Liebster, an award for up and coming bloggers. Me? Up and coming? Woo hoo! Look Ma, I’m making it in the blog world. First the blogosphere and then, the WORLD!! muahahahaha.
All joking aside, I am a little shocked and happy too. So I am gladly particpaing in the whole thing by stating several facts and answering some questions about moi.
11 Facts About Me
- I am an artist and writer. I am in the middle of editing my urban fantasy novel based in the Bay Area. So in that case I also love to read. Urban fantasy, sci fi. . . . not a big fan of nonfiction though.
- I LOVE being in the water, Swimming is one of my favorite activities. I wish I had a pool in the backyard so I could swim everyday. I also wish HGTV’s yard crashers would come and fix up my backyard while putting in said pool.
- I love classic country music. Not today’s stuff. The Classics. I also love the oldies from the 20s through the 50s and anything pretty much up until 2001. I like the occasional pop music, but much of today’s music I can’t stand unless it’s on KFOG.
- I have been to speech therapy. When I was a kid, apparently I sounded like Fran Drescher (love her btw) and needed help pronouncing words. It helped a little, but I still speak a gazillion miles a minute.
- I am horribly shy (stems from being constantly teased as a child). I am always nervous talking to new people and get visibly shaky and my speech gets out of whack. That is why I hide behind my computer screen.
- I was blonde up until my late childhood. Blonde blonde. Like Viking Goddess blonde. Now I have brown hair.
- I HATE peanuts. In its nutty form. But I love peanut butter. Go figure.
- I am unbelieveably messy. I’m like that kid from the Peanuts strip with clouds of dirt around him. Pigpen? I think it’s because I roll around in the garden quite a bit.
- I enjoy being outdoors. Whether it be working in my garden, hiking, swimming, biking, kayaking or running, I thrive in the outdoors.
- I love Star Trek. I have been to several conventions and cried when they took out the Star Trek experience from the Hilton in Vegas.
- I played waterpolo through highschool and a year in college. I LOVE the sport. I want a one of my future kids to be an Olympian in waterpolo (or swimming).Questions from the Jillian and those from the Chocolate Mile
1. What’s your favorite food? Mexican. Duh Japanese close second.
Do you exercise in classes or on your own? I tend to workout on my own, but enjoy being in group classes (unless someone steps on me). As long as the class isn’t full and I don’t get claustraphobic, I’m good. Zumba, water aerobics, yoga, Body Pump. . .
- What was one huge moment in your fitness/ weight loss journey? Completeing my first 10k. I never thought I could run that far and now I am training for a two 1/2s.
- What’s your favorite TV show? Really? how can I choose one? Uh….currently on the que is Franklin and Bash, Boston Legal, Psych and Star Trek the Original Seriers. I love me my Star Trek
- How much money can you justify spending on one pair of shoes? Running shoes are a given to be over $100, so that’s okay with me. Anything else has to be be under $50 and even that is a wee bit much for me.
- Would you rather go to the theater or a sporting event? Hmm… sporting event! San Francisco Giants AT&T park is one of the most beautiful stadiums around. <3
- Morning or night? Morning yes. I am in bed by 10pm.
- Favorite drink? Water and tea. But I love a good microbrew or wine.
- Do you love your job? Kinda. I love working with my dad, but hate cleaning parts and such. But I would much rather be able to paint and write full time (and bring in the dough).
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing? Flip flops and yoga pants. Jeans are very rare around these parts.
- What’s the biggest emotional or physical hurdle you’ve jumped? Trying to move past the E.D. I have had some pretty big emotional hurdles in my life. Losses of loved ones. . .
Since I don’t know too many up and coming bloggers…. I will nominate those I know.
1. Kelli at Made in Sonoma
2. Maren at Marens Morsels
3. Sarah at The Smart Kitchen
5. Katie at Katie Moves
6. Alyson at Aly’s Adevntures